Feature Suggestions for version 1.03

Questions Concerning the Master Draft

Moderator: Mike_FFMastermind

tdishman
Professional

Feature Suggestions for version 1.03

Post by tdishman » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:09 pm

With Master Draft version 1.02 recently released, I've already begun brainstorming ideas for features and enhancements for version 1.03.

One nice addition I've already made for version 1.03 is a Command Line feature. As I entered mock drafts into Master Draft (for analysis purpose), I found myself wanting faster/easier ways to work (being a pretty fast typist). What I came up with is a simple command line tool that lets you draft and un-draft players from the draft board by typing commands as opposed to using the mouse.

For example, if I want to draft Randy Moss to the current pick (for the current owner), I can simply type "d randy moss" into the command line and hit 'Enter'. As long as there is only one Randy Moss in the players list, he is instantly drafted.

For now there are only 3 supported commands: Draft Player (d), Return Player (r), and Return Pick (rpk).

Draft Player

Using the "d" command, I can specify a player to draft, and optionally an owner and pick to draft the player to. My above example simply drafted Randy Moss, but I can also specify an owner and pick to draft him to. For example:

Code: Select all

d randy moss, team 1, 2.03
will draft Randy Moss to the 2.03 pick, and change the owner of the pick to Team 1 (if necessary).

d randy moss, team 3
will draft Randy Moss to the current pick, and change the current pick's owner to Team 3 (if necessary).

d randy moss, , 2.02
will draft Randy Moss to the 2.02 pick, and will not change that pick's owner.

Return Player

r Randy Moss
This will return Randy Moss to the available players list.

Return Pick

rpk 1.01
This will return whatever player is assigned to the 1.01 pick to the available players list.

These simple commands let me fly through a mock draft, much faster than if I were using my mouse to find the players to draft. I hope to add more commands to the list as needs are identified. For now though, these commands should be plenty to get started with.

If anyone has any other suggestions for this or other features in the next version, please let me know.