Masterdraft & flex positions

Questions Concerning the Master Draft

Moderator: Mike_FFMastermind

Scarlettsuki
Rookie

Masterdraft & flex positions

Post by Scarlettsuki » Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:10 pm

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way in the Masterdraft to make your starting lineup include flex positions? I was trying to set up my draft and did not see this as an option. Am I missing something that is right in front of me? Just in case you need this info, in our league we have a total of 12 starting positions with any combination of:
QB's = 1-2; RB's 1-3; WR's 2-4; TE's 1-2; PK 1; LB 0-1; CB & S 2-3; Team Def 1.

Thanks!

tdishman
Professional

Post by tdishman » Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:49 pm

Yes, it can definitely support flex positions. When you are setting up a new league (File->New League), you set up the flex starting spots in the "Starters" portion of the league setup wizard.

If your league is already created, goto the League->Options and Settings menu option, then goto the "Starters" tab. Remember that "Starters" (where flex roster spots are declared) are different than "Positions", which are the real-life positions that can be allocated to a starting roster spot.

To setup a flex position, simply choose more than one position that can fulfill a roster spot (i.e. RB/WR).

tdishman
Professional

Post by tdishman » Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:01 pm

After looking at your lineup requirements more in-depth, I should have mentioned that your situation is a little more difficult only because there are so many combinations to achieve your 12 starters. In fact, it may not be possible to encompass all of your possible combinations without allowing a few illegal formations. There are precious few spots in Master Draft that utilize the starters, so even if your setup isn't 100% accurate, you will likely never know the difference. Your starter setup does not impact the rankings of the players (all that is either imported verbatim from the Masters List, or manually hand-entered by you).

Scarlettsuki
Rookie

Post by Scarlettsuki » Sat Aug 20, 2005 4:39 pm

Thank you for the information, I appreciate your looking at it! MasterDraft will still be helpful I think. Yes, we have a rather complicated league, but I like all the starting lineup options.